St. Angela Merici Families,
As our nation reacts to another horrifying mass killing, this time close to home in San Bernardino, our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and communities affected by this tragic and senseless loss of life.
The administration and staff at St. Angela want you to know that the safety and protection of your children is our number one priority. In light of this horrific tragedy, we are taking steps to maximize the security of our facilities and the safety of our kids when they are in our care. These steps include:
– Reviewing all of our security protocols and making sure staff are confident in recognizing any potentially threatening situations.
– Reviewing our emergency response procedures as part of our comprehensive crisis management plan.
– Working with local law enforcement authorities to ensure vigilance in the neighborhoods near our facilities.
– Informing you, our parents, of the protocols and procedures in place to protect your children.
– Communicating with our young people to help allay fears, and providing professional counseling where needed.
Your children may want to discuss these events with you, and will look to you for perspective and comfort. For some great advice on talking to children about tragic and threatening events, please consult the parent’s discussion guides at http://www.nctsn.org/trauma-types/terrorism.
Thanks as always for entrusting your children to us at St. Angela Merici Parish School We promise to maintain our constant vigilance in protecting and caring for our precious young people.
Mrs. Nancy Windisch