|July 15, 2015 03:00:00|
|By Nancy Windisch|
Please read the uniform policies for the 2015-2016 school year.
Uniforms and Dress Code
Uniforms may be purchased through
KWD Uniforms 1562-690-2263
1240 W. Whittier Blvd. , La Habra, Ca.
All students must be in uniform every day. There will be out-of-uniform days, which will be announced during the course of the school year (a dress code for such days is included in this section). If there is a time when the prescribed uniform cannot for some legitimate reason be worn, a note from the parent/guardian must be written to the Principal. Students who are out of uniform without this excuse will be sent to the office and the parent will be called to bring the proper clothing.
Good Rule: If you think you shouldn’t wear it, you shouldn’t.
ALL UNIFORM REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO THE DISCRETION OF THE PRINCIPAL AND ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
Dress Code, Grooming and Uniform Policies:
The primary purpose of this code is to assure that each and every student at St. Angela’s is neat, clean and well groomed. Students who are not dressed in accordance with the uniform policy will be in violation of the school dress code. It will be necessary for the administration to take appropriate action. Complete uniform will be required the entire year. IT IS THE PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE THAT EACH STUDENT IS NEAT, CLEAN, WELL-GROOMED AND DRESSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS CODE FROM SEPTEMBER THROUGH JUNE. Uniform shirts (including spirit shirts) are to be tucked in at all times. The Principal and Vice Principal will oversee the dress code policy. All staff is responsible to take note of students out of uniform. In all instances, St. Angela Merici Parish School reserves
Girls’ Formal Attire
Girls must wear jumper or skirt with a white SAM shirt on days we celebrate the Eucharist as a school. Shorts, skorts, or pants are not allowed. Girls in 5th-8th grade must wear a school red vest
Boys’ Formal Attire
Boys must wear long uniform pants with a white SAM shirt on days we celebrate the Eucharist as a school. Shorts are not allowed. Boys in 5th-8th grade must wear a long sleeve button down white shirt with a St Angela navy blue tie.
Uniform Specific Regulations
* White, red, or navy blue unisex polo shirt with logo
* Shirt should be properly fitted and not oversized or baggy
* Shirt must be neatly tucked inside pants, shorts, skorts or shorts
* Solid white, navy blue or red turtleneck may be worn under their shirt
Pants and Shorts:
* Navy uniform shorts/pants or skort
* Shorts may not be altered or shortened
* Shorts/Pants may not be oversized, baggy, or excessively long
* Shorts/Pants must be worn at the natural waist and may not be rolled
Skirts/Skorts and Jumpers:
* Skirts, Skorts and Jumpers must be no more than 3 inches above the knee when kneeling down
* Skirts may not be rolled at the waist
Sweaters and Sweatshirts:
* Red school sweater or vest with logo
* Navy school sweatshirt with logo
* Red or navy blue hooded zip front sweatshirt with log
* Optional last name must be stitched on upper right front of sweaters and jackets
* All articles of clothing, including jackets, sweaters, and lunch boxes should be marked with student’s name
* Solid black, red, white, or navy blue socks
* Socks must be 2” above the top of the shoe.
* Socks must be worn at all times
* No writing or logos, stripes, etc. on socks
* Knee High socks or tights (solid white, red, or navy blue)
* No laces on socks
* Shoes must be closed at the heel and toe
* Shoes may not have any writings; drawings cartoon characters, lights, etc.
* Athletic Shoes must be the following colors only: predominately black, brown, red, white, navy or gray.
* Shoelaces must be tied at all times
* Extreme or faddish shoes are not permitted, including platform shoes, boots, high heel or plastic shoes
* Students are required to wear tennis shoes for PE
* One, small ring per hand
* Religious or charity bracelet- one only
* Simple wristwatch
* Religious medal or cross necklace on a gold or silver chain only
* Fad jewelry is not allowed
* Small stud earrings are permitted
* Body piercing, other than one in each ear lobe, is not permitted
* No unnatural markings, such as tattoos are permitted whether temporary or permanent
* Black, brown, navy, red, or white belts only
* No hats of any kind are to be worn
Grooming, Hygiene, and Hair:
* Solid black, red, white, or navy hair bows are permitted
* No make-up is permitted: lip coloring, lip gloss, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, face or hair glitter, foundation, clear and colored nail polish, acrylic nails
* Hairstyle should contribute to a neat, well-groomed appearance
* Boys hair length must be above ears and neckline at all times
* No extreme hair styles, extensions, no spiked hair, step haircuts or current fad type haircuts are permitted
* Dyed or color-treated hair is never allowed
* The definition of extreme styles is the discretion of the school administration
* Hair rollers, curlers, or other extreme hair accessories are not permitted
Cold/Rainy Day Dress
Students may wear a solid white, navy blue or red turtleneck beneath their school shirt or blouse. During class time the regular uniform, plus the turtleneck may be worn (turtleneck, shirt, sweatshirt) or jacket. Girls may wear tights for warmth, but socks must also be worn over the tights. Only school jacket, sweatshirt, or hooded sweatshirt may be worn to school for warmth.
Free Dress will be allowed only on designated days. Parents are asked to see that students are dressed appropriately when free dress is permitted. Modesty and good taste should be the guideline. NOT ALLOWED for free dress are casual dress, bare mid-sections, play clothes, sweats, sweatpants, overalls, crop tops, sleeveless tops, mini-skirts, short shorts, thin straps, biker or tight fitting shorts, bare shoulders, clothing with violent or inappropriate words or illustrations and body suits. Students must wear fully enclosed shoes (no sandals).
SHORTS MUST BE NO SHORTER THAN 3 INCHES ABOVE THE KNEE!!!
Note: Any time Free Dress is announced children may always opt to wear their complete school uniform in lieu of free dress.