St.Angela Merici students in Grades TK-8 will be holding parent-teacher conferences. These conferences will provide an opportunity for the teachers and parents to reflect upon their child’s successes and to provide you with examples of what they have learned in each of the academic areas. We view this as an extremely positive opportunity for parents and teachers to emphasize their child’s strengths, acknowledge their weaknesses, and plan for their approach for the rest of the school year. Please make every effort to be part of this conference. This is an opportunity to open up or improve lines of communication with your teachers about your child’s education. We strongly encourage you to be a positive part of this conferencing process.
Students in grades 3-8 will be attending their conferences with their parents. These conferences will provide an opportunity for
your students to reflect upon their successes and to provide you with examples of what they have learned in each of the academic areas. We emphasize that these are student-led conferences and the teachers will be attending as observers and to answer any questions. We view this as an extremely positive opportunity for these students to emphasize their strengths, acknowledge their weaknesses, and, with you in attendance, plan for their approach for the rest of the school year.
To help you prepare for the conference, these questions will help you identify topics you might want to discuss during the conference:
1. What are your goals for your child this year?
2. What specific concerns do you have about your child’s academic progress or behavior?
3. What general questions do you have about classroom curriculum, standards evaluation techniques, or procedures?
4. Does your child have any health problems that might affect his or her behavior or academic progress?
5. What do you want the teacher to know about your child?
To sign up for conferences: Please follow the directions to sign up on Sycamore
1. Sign on to your Sycamore and click on “My School” on the left
2. Click on P/T Conference
3. Find your date, Name of student, Teacher and time.