In this issue
- Halloween Parade/ All Saints Day
- School Raffle Ticket Reminder
- Parent/Teacher Conferences Nov 14-16
- Sycamore Tips for Parents
- Parent Education
Scripture: We pray that _______ may live a life worthy of the Lord and please You in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God. From Colossians 1:10
|Dinner and Auction- Let it Snow
Saturday, November 10th, 2012
The St. Angela Merici Parish School Dinner Auction Fundraiser is just around the corner! Look for your invitation by mail and don't hesitate to send in your RSVP. Seating is limited! Secure a babysitter and invite friends and family to join your table.
We need donations- Fine wines, gourmet baskets, theatre tickets, concert tickets, art work, portrait sittings, sporting event tickets, sport lessons, tutoring, etc…
For more information, please contact Irene Strother
Update your Family Records
Update your address, phone numbers, medical records and more… If you look at the tool page on the left hand side, click "My Sycamore" and update before school starts.
School Raffle Tickets
Do NOT forget to pick up your raffle tickets in the front office. The money and tickets are due February 1st. This is a mandatory fundraiser for the school. Each family is required to sell 2 tickets.
|SLE of the Week
2C: A Life- long learner who values a quality education.
Charity of the Month- CHOC Hospital
Great Job Cougars!! We had 77 walkers and raised $4905.00!!
Setting up your computer
If you haven't already done so, please go step by step through the Welcome Aboard message (found in System Help| Welcome Aboard). It will ensure that you have all the correct settings for the specific browser that you plan on using to connect with Sycamore, and that Java is updated on your computer. Please go through each step carefully; if you do not have your settings correct, you may not be able to view your Sycamore site correctly. If you use multiple computers, each computer must be set up correctly.
Parent Education: Internet Safety
Rules of the Road for Kids
1. Guard your privacy. What people know about you is up to you.
2. Protect your reputation. Self-reflect before you self-reveal. What’s funny or edgy today could cost you tomorrow.
3. Nothing is private online. Anything you say or do can be copied, pasted, and sent to gazillions of people without your permission.
4. Assume everyone is watching. There’s a huge, vast audience out there. If someone is your friend’s friend, they can see everything.
5. Apply the Golden Rule. If you don’t want it done to you, don’t do it to someone else.
6. Choose wisely. Not all content is appropriate. You know what we mean.
7. Don't hide. Using anonymity to cloak your actions doesn’t turn you into a trustworthy, responsible human being.
8. Think about what you see. Just because it’s online doesn’t make it true.
9. Be smart, be safe. Not everyone is who they say they are. But you know that.
Thank you Parents!
Thank you to all who have been very safe dropping off and picking up your children. Remember, we have rules for safety reasons and appreciate everyone following these rules. Safety is our priority for your children and we need your help.
Last day of Red Ribbon Week- Friday, October 26th, 2012
Wear Red Day- Students may wear RED clothing with Jeans, crazy hair, crazy hats. Show your Red… Nail polish, shoes, etc. are allowed.
Halloween Parade/ Activities
Wednesday, October 31st- Halloween Parade
NO LATE START!!!!
November 1st- 9:15 start
9:30 Eucharist (All Saints Day)- Formal Attire. After the Eucharist, boys in grades 5-8 may change from their long sleeve shirt and tie to a WHITE uniform shirt.
Halloween Costumes and Dress Policy:
Students may come to school dressed in a Halloween Costume. Our school will be having our annual costume parade around the whole school led by our President and Vice President.
Students who wish to wear a costume must follow the school policies:
No full masks (due to safety reasons and making sure our little students are not afraid)
No weapons, appropriate female attire and every costume must have shoes.
All students will change into casual free dress after the parade and pictures.
If a student does not wish to wear a costume to school, they may either wear their school uniform or a Halloween shirt.
The parade starts around 8:15 in the morning and students will be outside for pictures and trick or treating. The rest of the school day, the students will be playing in activities created by our own student council.
Student Led Parent Conferences:
Our Student Led Parent Conferences will be held on November 14, 15, and 16th. Students in grades 3-8 MUST attend with their parents to the conferences. To sign up for your conference time, you may do so on Sycamore starting Friday, October 19th. Please follow the directions:
1. Click on the Parent Conference Calendar on your home page (right side)
Parent Teacher Conference
Parent / Teacher Conference
2. Choose your Date and Student
Choose the HOMEROOM Teacher first and time, than click confirm.
For the OUTSIDE teachers, you may ALSO click on a date and time to set up a conference if needed.
Middle School- Click on your HOMEROOM teacher first. The other subjects you MAY book are Science, Technology, Music/Spanish, PE. DO NOT click on Mrs. Brandt, Ms. Curran or Mrs. VanDyke if they are NOT your homeroom teachers.